Data Science has emerged as a new way of tackling industrial challenges. But it is not limited to only solving problems and maximizing profits for large corporations. It has entered into every field and is transforming the way we understand and experience our existence. It is helping in curing cancer; solving global warming; locating new stars; finding natural resources inside Earth, and many more which cannot be mentioned in one exhaustive list. And interestingly, this is just the beginning. The accumulation of data around us is skyrocketing, and so is the scope of Data Science.
Industries Where Data Science Is Creating Milestones
- Healthcare: Data Science is powering Medical Science and Bioinformatics to improve our health at an unprecedented level. With self-learning algorithms, patients’ data, such as lifestyles, habits, preferences etc can help in not only providing personalized treatment, but also providing a basis for many kinds of researches. Fitness tracking devices are making people more aware of their own health by giving them real-time insights into their body. Wearable devices are proving to be effective in monitoring body functions and sending signals at the slightest hint of disorders.
- Internet: Behind Google’s automatic search prediction, behind Facebook’s Newsfeed recommendation, behind Amazon’s suggested products, and behind almost every other thing on the internet, Data Science has become the greatest driving force. Internet has become the biggest platform for millions and billions of users to do myriads of activities and thus leave large sets of data footprints behind which can be consumed by machine-learning algorithms to become more and more effective.
- Face and Speech Recognition: Earlier face and speech recognition techniques were more susceptible to make mistakes, but as machine learning algorithms kept working on data they received, today these tools have become so effective that not only mobile phones are coming with failsafe face unlock, but security systems are also installing them.
- Logistics: Data Science is running our world smoothly. While airlines can forecast weather, predict delays, reschedule flights, provide real-time information to customers and keep track of their competitors’ price, logistics companies like DHL and FedEx are also using Data Science to achieve better operational efficiency and deliver products to the right place at the right time with the lowest possible expenditure.
- Self-driving Cars: The future of automated cars depends a lot on the processing of the exorbitant amount of data. As estimated, self-driving cars produce around 1 GB data each second, and more than that, they also receive data from other cars around them. With machine learning algorithms, it is possible to use all this data and help drive safely.
Jobs of Data Scientists in Industries
It was only after the advent of Big Data that the world realized the tremendous force behind Data. This is a completely new profession with promising career growth and immense possibilities. Industries need Data Scientists in a large number, but there aren’t enough currently and this is why the opportunities for fresher are almost endless.
Data Science Training
The study of Data Science includes
- Machine learning algorithms such as Regression, clustering, decision-tree, support vector machines etc.
- Programming languages such as R, Python, SQL
- Computing tools like Spark, SAS, Hadoop, Tableau, Power BI, Minitab etc.
The online training in Data Science provides detailed concepts of all the above-mentioned topics. Students learn from industry-expert trainers with long experience in Data Industry. Moreover, with live projects, webinars and assessments, the training shapes the students as complete Data Science Pro.